MACHINE LEARNING IS EXPLODING, WITH SMART ALGORITHMS BEING USED EVERYWHERE FROM EMAIL TO SMARTPHONE APPS TO MARKETING CAMPAIGNS.
The Machine Learning jobs are recently evolving a lot with many enterprise organizations having openings in AI and Machine Learning areas. This is the right time if any one wants to move into Machine Learning.
There are vast applications in computer science for Machine Learning. The examples of machine Learning are Social media analysis,predicting patient disease risk,Preventative maintenance,Credit scoring , Demand Forecasting etc.
How you can start doing today to position yourself for a future career in machine learning ?
Most of the companies are starting automation and those also need the Machine learning technology to be implemented across their business units to increase their performance and efficiency while reducing the costs.
Here are some things you can start doing today :
- If you want to be successful kick starter in Machine learning then go online and read about new frameworks, new articles and take advantage of online courses like Coursera , Udemy etc.
- Understand business problems and articulate a business problem into a mathematical machine learning problem,you can take help from online community like Kaggle
- Share the information in a meaningful way by creating a nice visualization and synthesize information so that it can be understood by business partners.
- Learn Python and dive into machine learning libraries: “Scikit-learn and Tensor Flow”
- Gain some knowledge of the business is helpful.You don’t have to be an expert , but get some understanding of what the product is ? How it works ? and what could fail ?
There will be huge numbers of requirements for the persons with skills set in the area of Machine Learning in the coming future.
An IT professional with some good communication skills and strong technical skill set with a solid mathematics or statistics background can reach some top heights in their careers like Senior Architects or Senior Subject Matter Experts in the career of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.